The William F. Deeck-Malice Domestic Grant Program for Unpublished Writers is designed to foster quality literature in the Malice Domestic tradition and assist the next generation of traditional mystery writers on the road to publication. The grant includes a $2,500 cash award and a comprehensive registration to Malice Domestic, including two nights' lodging at the convention hotel.
- Authors are invited to submit one work in progress per submission period.
- The Grants Committee is looking for works in progress that are consistent with the Malice Domestic genre of Traditional Mystery, typified by the works of Agatha Christie. These works contain no explicit gore, violence, or sex.
- Submissions should reflect works in progress for NOVELS only. We are not considering short stories at this time.
- Authors must have not been published in the mystery genre in any way prior to submitting for the Malice Grant.
- The submission period is from January 1 - November 1 every year.
- Please include your author name, story title, brief bio, contact email, and phone number on your submission.
- Submissions are accepted via email (click below).
- Please contact our Grants Chair Harriette Sackler with any questions regarding your submission or the Grants Program.